Flicent Inc. Terms of Service
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE A LEGAL CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND FLICENT INC. (“COMPANY”, “WE”, OR “US”). THESE TERMS EXPLAIN HOW YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE THE WEBSITE LOCATED AT THE URL WWW.FIELDPULSE.COM AS WELL AS ALL ASSOCIATED SITES LINKED TO WWW.FIELDPULSE.COM BY FLICENT INC., ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SITE”). UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL REFERENCES TO “SITE” INCLUDE SERVICES THAT FLICENT INC. PROVIDES TO YOU AND ANY SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE SERVICES FROM A MOBILE DEVICE ( “MOBILE APPLICATION”). BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL TERMS; IF YOU ARE NOT IN AGREEMENT WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE, ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR VIA MOBILE APPLICATION, OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
Company provides content that is copyrighted and/or trademarked work of Company or Company’s third-party licensors and suppliers or other users of the Site (collectively, the “Materials”) through the Site and through the Services. The Materials may include graphics, video, images, logos, software and other content. Subject to the terms and conditions and your compliance with these Terms, Company hereby grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the Materials and to use this Site solely for your personal use. Except for the aforementioned license, you have no other rights on the Site or to any Materials. You may not edit, copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, alter, enhance, reverse engineer, or in any way exploit any of the Site or Materials. In case of breach any of these Terms, the above license will terminate automatically and any downloaded or printed Materials must be destroyed, you must cease using the Site.
By using the Site, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or older, or if you are between the ages of 13 and 18, that you are using the Site with the permission of a parent or legal guardian, or that you are an emancipated minor between the ages of 13 and 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian who is registering for a minor, you hereby agree to bind the minor to these Terms and to fully indemnify and hold harmless Company if your child breaches or disaffirms any term or condition of these Terms. If you are using this Site on behalf of a company, you confirm that you are authorized to legally bind the company to these Terms.
If Company believes that you do not meet any of these requirements Company may immediately terminate your use of the Site.
If you have violated these Terms, you are not eligible to use the Site.
At any time, Company may make changes to the content and Services offered on the Site. At any time, Company can change, update, add, or remove provisions of these Terms by posting the updated Terms on this Site and by notifying its users of the changes in terms. By using this Site after Company has updated the Terms, you are agreeing to all the updated Terms; if you do not agree with any of the updated Terms, you must stop using the Site.
The Company may make available Mobile Applications to access the Site via mobile devices. In order to use the Mobile Application you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Application. Company does not guarantee that the Mobile Application will be compatible with your mobile device. Company hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use an object code copy of the Mobile Application for one registered account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for personal use. You may not: (i) except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law, you may not modify, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Mobile Application; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Application to any third-party or use the Mobile Application to provide time sharing or similar services for any third-party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Application; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security or security-related features of the Mobile Application, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Application, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Application; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Application. You acknowledge that Company may from time to time issue updated versions of the Mobile Application, and may automatically electronically update the version of the Mobile Application that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic updating on your mobile device, and agree that these Terms will apply to all such updates. The aforementioned license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Application or any copy thereof, and Company and its third-party licensors or suppliers retain all rights, title, and interest in and to the Mobile Application (and any copy of the Mobile Application). Standard carrier data charges may apply during use of the Mobile Application.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to Mobile Applications that Company provides designed for use on an Apple iOS-powered mobile device (an “iOS App”):
- Acknowledgement that these Terms are between you and Company only, and not with Apple, Inc. (“Apple”).
- Use of Company’s iOS App must comply with Apple’s then-current App Store Terms of Service.
- Company, not Apple, is solely responsible for the iOS App and the Services and Content available thereon. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to provide maintenance and support services with respect to the iOS App. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to our iOS App.
- You agree that Company, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third-party relating to the iOS App or your possession and/or use of the iOS App including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iOS App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection laws or similar legislation, and all such claims are governed solely by these Terms and any law applicable to us as provider of the iOS App.
- You agree that Company, and not Apple, shall be responsible, to the extent required by these Terms, for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third-party intellectual property infringement claim related to our iOS App or your possession and use of our iOS App.
- You confirm that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You agree to comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using our iOS App (e.g., you must not be in violation of your wireless data provider terms of agreement when using the iOS App).
- The parties agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries to these Terms as they relate to your license of Company’s iOS App. Upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as they relate to your license of the iOS App as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
The following additional terms and conditions apply with respect to any Mobile Applications that Company provides to you designed for use on an Android-powered mobile device (an “Android App”):
- You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and Company only, and not with Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- Your use of Company’s Android App must comply with Google’s then-current Android Market Terms of Service.
- Google is only a provider of the Android Market where you obtained the Android App. Company, and not Google, is solely responsible for Company’s Android App and the Services and Content available thereon. Google has no obligation or liability to you with respect to Company’s Android App or these Terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that Google is a third-party beneficiary to the Terms as they relate to Company’s Android App.
Using the Site and Services on the Site
You can simply view and not use any Services on the Site. You do need to register to simply visit and view the Site. However, in order to access certain password-restricted areas of the Site and to use certain Services and Materials offered on the Site, you must register with Company for an account and receive a password.
Password Restricted Areas of this Site
In order to register for an account with Company, you must submit the following information through the account registration page on the Site or Mobile Application: name, mobile number, business name, business address, and email address. To enable electronic payments, you must also provide home address, the last four digits of your social security number, bank account information and birth date. You also have the ability to provide additional optional information which can be helpful in providing you with more a more customized experience when using the Site or Services. This information is not required to register for an account. Once you have submitted your account registration information, Company shall have the right to approve or reject the requested registration, at Company’s discretion.
You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your password. You agree not to share your password, let others access or use your password or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your password. You agree to notify Company if your password on this Site is lost, stolen, if you are aware of any unauthorized use of your password on this Site or if you know of any other breach of security in relation to this Site.
All the information that you provide when registering for an account and otherwise through the Site must be accurate, complete and up to date. You may change, correct or remove any information from your account by either logging into your account directly and making the desired changes or contacting Company using the contact information at the end of these Terms requesting that we make the change.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF A BETA RELEASE MAY EXHIBIT SPORADIC DISRUPTIONS THAT HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO DISRUPT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IN GENERAL AND ANY SERVICES THAT MAY BE OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE. FLICENT INC. SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY BETA RELEASE.
By registering for an account with Company, you become a “Member” with access to certain password-restricted areas of the Site and certain Services and Materials offered on and through the Site (a “Membership”). Each Membership and the rights and privileges provided to a Member is personal and non-transferable. All sales and payments of Membership fees will be in US Dollars.
The fee that we will charge you for your Membership will be the price posted on the Site on the date that you register as a Member. Company reserves the right to change prices for Memberships at any time, and does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of promotions or price decreases.
You may pay for your Membership fee only with credit and debit card payments (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). We will charge your credit or debit card for your first Membership fee on the date that we process your order for your Membership (or if you sign-up for a Membership that includes a free-trial period, we will charge your credit or debit card for your first Membership fee upon the expiration date of the applicable free-trial period). Alternatively, we may charge your credit or debit card on the first business day of a calendar month. Once your credit or debit card is charged the first Membership fee (or if you sign-up for a Membership that includes a free-trial period, once we have processed your order for your Membership), you will receive a confirmation e-mail notifying you of your ability to access those Membership-only portions of, and Materials on, the Site.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FLICENT INC WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP ON EACH MONTHLY ANNIVERSARY OF THAT DATE THAT FLICENT INC. FIRST CHARGES YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD FOR THE FIRST MEMBERSHIP FEE AND, AS AUTHORIZED BY YOU DURING THE MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP PROCESS, FLICENT INC WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD WITH THE APPLICABLE MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEE AND ANY SALES OR SIMILAR TAXES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED ON YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE PAYMENT (UNLESS YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE ANNIVERSARY DATE). IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP THAT INCLUDES A FREE-TRIAL PERIOD, UNLESS YOU HAVE CANCELLED YOUR MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF THE FREE-TRIAL PERIOD, AS AUTHORIZED BY YOU DURING THE MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP PROCESS, FLICENT INC. WILL AUTOMATICALLY CHARGE YOU FOR THE FIRST MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE FREE-TRIAL PERIOD AND EACH SUBSEQUENT MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEE ON THE MONTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DATE OF THE FIRST BILLING. EACH MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL PERIOD IS FOR ONE MONTH. YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING FLICENT INC. AT SUPPORT@FLICENT.COM. FLICENT INC REQUIRES A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME TO PROCESS YOUR MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION REQUEST. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS UNTIL THE EXPIRATION OF THE THEN-CURRENT MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP TERM FOR WHICH YOU HAVE PAID, AND YOUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS WILL EXPIRE AT THE END OF THE THEN-CURRENT MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP TERM.
You will be liable for paying any and all applicable sales and use taxes for the purchase of your Membership based on the mailing address that you provide when you register as a Member, and you authorize Company to charge your credit or debit card for any such applicable taxes
If applicable, you agree to pay all fees or charges to your account based on Company’s fees, charges, and billing terms in effect as shown on the following page: . If you do not pay on time or if Company cannot charge your credit card, PayPal or other payment method for any reason, Company reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your access to the Site and account and terminate these Terms. You are expressly agreeing that Company is permitted to bill you for the applicable fees, any applicable tax and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of this Site and the fees will be billed to your credit card, PayPal or other payment method designated on your initial registration with this Site, and thereafter at regular intervals for the remainder of the term of these Terms. If you cancel your account at any time, you will not receive any refund. If you have a balance due on any account, you agree that Company may charge such unpaid fees to your credit card or otherwise bill you for such unpaid fees.
By using the Site and/or the Services provided on the Site, you consent to receiving electronic communications from Company. These electronic communications may include notices about applicable fees and charges, transactional information and other information concerning or related to the Site and/or Services provided on or through the Site. These electronic communications are part of your relationship with Company. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Links to Third-Party Sites
When using this Site and/or the services, you agree not to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on this Site.
- Post anything contrary to our public image, goodwill or reputation.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. Company reserves the right to terminate access to your account, your ability to post to this Site (or use the Services) with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that Company determines is inappropriate or disruptive to this Site or to any other user of this Site and/or Services. Company may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at Company’s discretion, Company will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on this Site or on the Internet.
You agree to indemnify and hold Company and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and business partners harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs of defense) Company or any other indemnified party suffers in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third-party that your use of this Site or the use of this Site by any person using your user name and/or password (including without limitation, your participation in the posting areas or, your Submissions) violates any applicable law or regulation, or the copyrights, trademark rights or other rights of any third-party.
Company is a trademark of Company in the United States. Other trademarks, names and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners.
Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, all information and screens appearing on this Site, including documents, services, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Company, Copyright ©2015 FLICENT INC. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
The Mobile Application software that is provided to you through the Site and Services and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, if You are a government entity, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
Intellectual Property Infringement
Company respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask you to do the same. Company may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service and/or access to this Site for users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work is the subject of copyright infringement and/or trademark infringement and appears on our Site, please provide Company’s designated agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted and/or trademarked work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works on a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and to be removed or access to which is to be disabled on the Site, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to contact you as the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright and/or trademark owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Company’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or trademark infringement on this Site can be reached at email@example.com
Please also note that for copyright infringements under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
Submitting a DMCA Counter-Notification
We will notify you that we have removed or disabled access to copyright-protected material that you provided, if such removal is pursuant to a valid DMCA take-down notice that was received by us. If you receive such notice from us, you may provide us with a counter-notification in writing to a Company designated agent that includes all of the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under penalty of perjury that you have good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Company may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Termination of Repeat Infringers
Company reserves the right at its sole discretion, to terminate the account or access of any user of our web site and/or service who is the subject or repeated DMCA or other infringement notifications.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of this Site and/or the Services is at your own risk. The Materials have not been verified or authenticated in whole or in part by Company, and they may include inaccuracies or typographical or other errors. Company does not warrant the accuracy of timeliness of the Materials contained on this Site. Company has no liability for any errors or omissions in the Materials, whether provided by Company, our licensors or suppliers or other users. COMPANY, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY MATERIALS RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE MATERIALS. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE, THE SERVICES, AND MATERIALS AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WHERE-IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
Limitation of Liability
FLICENT INC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS TO OR FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF COMPANY KNOWS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Local Laws; Export Control
Company controls and operates this Site from its headquarters in the United States of America and the Materials may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Site outside the United States of America, you are responsible for following applicable local laws.
If you send or transmit any communications, comments, questions, suggestions, or related materials to Company, whether by letter, email, telephone, or otherwise (collectively, “Feedback”), suggesting or recommending changes to the Site, any Services offered through the Site or Materials, including, without limitation, new features or functionality relating thereto, all such Feedback is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and Company is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to you, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, having manufactured, licensing, marketing, and selling, directly or indirectly, products and services using such Feedback. You understand and agree that Company is not obligated to use, display, reproduce, or distribute any such ideas, know-how, concepts, or techniques contained in the Feedback, and you have no right to compel such use, display, reproduction, or distribution.
Company prefers to advise you if we feel you are not complying with Terms and recommend any necessary corrective action. However, certain violations of these Terms, as determined by Company, may result in immediate termination of your access to this Site without prior notice to you. The Federal Arbitration Act, and applicable U.S. federal and state law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions, will govern these Terms. Foreign laws do not apply. The United Nations on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and any laws based on the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to this Agreement. Any disputes relating to these Terms or this Site will be heard in the courts located in Delaware County in the State of Delaware. If any of these Terms is found to be inconsistent with applicable law, then such term shall be interpreted to reflect the intentions of the parties, and no other terms will be modified. Company’s failure to enforce any of these Terms is not a waiver of such term. These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Company and supersede all prior or contemporaneous negotiations, discussions or agreements between you and Company about this Site. The proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, representations made by you, indemnities, limitations of liability and general provisions shall survive any termination of these Terms.
If you have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact Company for any reason, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org